Even at the same temperature, different solar radition and wind velocity can lead to different thermal sensations. The thermal comfort indices, such like UTCI, Out_SET*, give a good indication of the overall effect of several factors in a single value. On the other hand, it is difficult to know which factors affect the sensation and to what extent. We have developed and examined indices that allow us to do both.
- Nagano, K., Shimura, K., Mishima, M., Inoue, T., Kiriyama K., Sudo, M., Horikoshi, T.: Effect of different asphalt pavement on pedestrians’ heat stress. Japanese Journal of Biometeorology, 57(2): 81-94, 2020.11 (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Watanabe, S., Nagano, K., Ishii, J., Horikoshi T.: Evaluation of outdoor thermal comfort in sunlight, building shade, and pergola shade during summer in a humid subtropical region. Building and Environment, 82: 556-565 2014.10
- Watanabe, S., Ishii, I., Nagano, K., Tomita, A., Horikoshi, T.: Measurement of solar shading factor to human projected area with a parasol. Journal of Human-Environment System, 21(2): 93-98, 2014.11 (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Nagano, K., Horikoshi, T., Ishii, J., Uno, Y., Hashimoto, T., Kaneko, T.: Evaluation of climatically adapted performance of the settlement in Iwai Island. Japanese Journal of Biometeorology, 50(2): 77-92, 2013.07 (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Nagano K., Horikoshi T.: Human thermal comfort in
open-airfootbath. Proceedings of the 19th International Congress of Biometeorology, Auckland, New Zealand, 2011.12.7
- Nagano K., Horikoshi T.: New index indicating the universal and separate effects on human comfort under outdoor and non-uniform thermal conditions. Energy and Buildings, 43(7): 1694-1701, 2011.7
- Nagano K., Horikoshi T.: Development of outdoor thermal index indicating universal and separate effects on human thermal comfort. International Journal of Biometeorology, 55(2): 219-227, 2011.5
- Nagano K., Horikoshi T.: Development of universal index for outdoor and non-uniform thermal environment. Journal of Environmental Engineering (Transactions of AIJ), 76(660): 131-139, 2011.2 (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Nagano K., Takashiba H., Komatsu M., Kaneko T., Horikoshi T.: Investigation on the indoorand outdoor climate of the traditional villages and the way of living in Yoshida, Shimane prefecture. Japanese Journal of Biometeorology, 45(4): 141-164, 2008 (in Japanese with English Abstract)
- Ishii J., Horikoshi T., Kurazumi Y., Nagano K., Fukagawa K.: A field survey of thermal comfort in outdoor space, Proceedings 18th International Congress of Biometeorology, Tokyo, 2008.9(undecided page number on CD-ROM).
- Nagano K., Aoto N., Watanabe S.: Thermal comfort in pleasure boat with charcoal kotatsu in winter in Matsue of Japan, Abstracts of 31st International Geographical Congress, 2008.8.
- Nagano K., Horikoshi T., Uno Y., Kaneko T., Suzuki K.: Bioclimatic design of traditional vernacular houses in Japan: climatic factors to determine
orientationof the kudo-zukuri houses in Saga, 17th International Congress of Biometeorology, Vol. 1, pp. 196-199, 2005.9.
- Kurazumi, Y., Matsubara, N., Narumi, D., Nagano, K., Tsuchikawa, T., Horikoshi, T.: Influence of posture upon sensible temperature. Japanese Journal of Biometeorology35(1): 35-44, 1998 (in Japanese with English Abstract)